Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Coat of Arms

This is a post I have been wanting to write forever...it's all about COATS!! I view coats as another extension of my personality as much as I do with my clothes. My best friend says I'm ridiculous with the amount of coats I have, but I prefer to think of it as a passion lol. I mean there are so many styles/fabrics out there: pea coats, trench coats, puffer coats, bombers, capes, wool, leather, cashmere...okay maybe I do have slight problem BUT I love the way coats and jackets can compliment, and sometimes make, your outfit. You can even throw a belt over them...whew and as much as I love belts (you'll come to see this about me), the possibilities are endless.

Below I've selected a few coats (this was VERY difficult) that I feel every woman should have in their closet. Okay maybe not EVERY one of the nine I've selected but you get the idea...there are a few staples that should be included in any well-armed stylista's arsenal.

1. The Trench Coat: The trench coat is definitely a staple coat that every woman should own. It's classic, polished and sophisticated and comes in many shapes and patterns. I have selected both a patterned trench and thin puffer trench. (Patterned Trench: Macy's, Puffer Trench: Steve Madden)





2. The Winter White: Nothing is hotter than a nice crisp white coat. I'm definitely getting my "Olivia Pope" on here. Albeit nothing in my closet can hold a candle to that white Burberry number Kerry Washington wore in the season 3 premiere of Scandal but I still feel like a gladiator in my own right ;-)

3. The Pea Coat: There's just something so classic about a pea coat. Men and women alike can, and should, rock this slimming option for outerwear.

4. The Dress Coat: You'll need something dressy for those fancy occasions. I've styled this coat with the plum fur stole I received for Christmas for a little added glamor. (H&M)


5. The Lumberjack: I have no idea why I selected this coat lol There's just something about it I love. It's a cross between a pea coat and fur. I like the subtle tartan print and zipper details. (DKNY)

6. The Bomber: This urban chic option should be the in the wardrobe of any self-respecting city girl. It's edgy and instantly ups the cool factor of the wearer. 

7. The Leather Jacket: A leather jacket is a must have investment piece. It goes with absolutely everything,  applies major style points and is quite possibly the definition of cool and edgy. (H&M)

8. The Colored Crop Coat: I'm a big advocate for color in my outfits and surprisingly only have one colored coat in my collection (Shameful! Everyone should have at least two). This cute crop jacket has a cropped hemline as well as three quarter length sleeves and it's pink...I mean could it be any more girly?



No comments:

Post a Comment