Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

Stylspiration

Hi stylislers! Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving, I know I did ;0)

I wanted to talk a little about what I call tylspiration. Stylspiration are the things, people and places that inspire your style choices.

I've mentioned in an earlier post that Michelle Obama is one of my style icons. I find I have a lot in common with her aesthetic and I follow her as well as other style bloggers for inspiration and admiration. Amidst the MANY sources from which I glean stylspiration, are the style quiz and a lookbook of outfit ideas that is based on my likes. The style quiz allows you to hone in on your style and put a name to your aesthetic (Boho Chic, Trendy, Classic, etc.). Below is an example of my style quiz from JewelMint.com which is one of my fav accessory retailers. The lookbook is a book of ideas that I separated into categories (dinner, work, jewelry, outwear, etc.). The book is a way to get ideas if I'm in a slump or need to find something quickly for work or date night...cause hey sometimes I don't have time to do all that I do in a day AND generate the brain power to assemble an outfit too lol

What are some of your stylspirations? Maybe creating a book for visual reference or subscribing to style sheets on Facebook will aid your search. What, who and wherever your stylspirations come from remember to take those little gems and make them your own!


A select few style blogs I follow are:
Mrs. O 
Northern Lights - Southern Belles 
Naturally Fashionable 
Moments of Style 



 





2 comments:

  1. Hey love!! I just came across this post. Thank you soo much for the shout out!! I totally rip pages from magazines and have an inspiration board for the seasons. What trend are you really loving for fall?? We're only now getting cool enough to really rock some layers, but I say, u can never go wrong with a lil leather and faux fur!! Even in the heat of a Carolina summer! Keep it stylish!! Xoxo, Tara Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely looking forward to incorporating faux fur!! My grandparents and extended fam live in North Carolina, I'm always amazed at the temperature differnce during the same seasons! We're in full-blown, snow on the ground, Winter here in Jersey lol. So I'm definitely layering up...hey there a new blog post idea ;-) thanks for stopping by. --Maya

      Delete