Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Monochromatic Mix

Hi Islers and Happy New Year!


I love the mixed prints and patterns trend we've been seeing everywhere and I can't wait to start incorporating it into my looks but I'm still a bit shy to step out in something THAT different. Here is a stylspiration of what I eventually want to work myself up to lol

Don't these look amazing!!!


But for now I thought I'd go slow by keeping to a monochromatic color palette. This is one of the safest ways to test the waters of any new look or trend. By sticking within the same hues or values, you can mix and create visual interest without the risk of looking like your house was on fire and you layered on everything in your closet ;-)

Today I am feeling gray and not in a bad way ;-) So, I paired these FABULOUS heavy linen patterned pants with a graph-checkered button down and blazer. The look is finished with pumps and simple accessories.



Pants: Joe Fresh, Shirt: J. Crew (thrifted), Blazer: Banana Republic, Shoes: Nine West, Necklace: JewelMint

No comments:

Post a Comment