Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

Menswear Inspired

Happy Friday!! 

Menswear inspired looks are something we consistently see on the runways and will be another big trend this fall. In my opinion it's a trend that's here to stay (so I guess that doesn't make it a trend anymore). Today I've styled a menswear inspired look that will keep you looking cool and effortless. 

This look is really all about the vest, which I actually "borrowed" from my dad some years back (hehehe). I've paired it with simple fitted trousers and heels, but you could easily wear this look with loafers for a more relaxed look; and of course the studs give me a little bit of edge. I've accessorized with my favorite chunky necklace, a cuff, favorite chevron ring and over-sized watch.

I love menswear inspired looks because it just gives off this easy, cool and effortless vibe. A couple of tips when wearing the trend:
  • Keep it tailored. You want something that's fitted to your figure. Remember this is menswear “inspired”. You don’t want to lose those curves that will make this trend pop!
  • Stick with the classics. Oxfords, vests, ties and blazers. You want pieces that are clearly identified as menswear in order to get your props for putting together such a dope outfit.
  • Keep it simple. Men are very basic and practical dressers. Go for statement pieces like your shoes, hat or leather belt and keep the jewelry/accessories simple.
  • Have fun.  So you don’t want to come away looking stuffy or like you left the set of Mad Men (although I think that would be pretty cool). So have fun with your makeup or rock super feminine hair.





Vest: My dad's, Trousers: H&M, Pumps: Nine West, Cuff, Necklace & Watch: JewelMint, Ring: H&M

No comments:

Post a Comment