Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

Pencil me In!


 
If you follow my blog, you know I'm a lover of simple and versatile pieces and I like a twist on an old classic. The pencil skirt is an article of clothing that absolutely EVERY woman MUST have in her arsenal. If you don't...what are you waiting for? The pencil skirt is probably one of THEE most flattering and versatile things a woman can own. It comes in a variety of lengths, prints, colors and textures. When I saw these two in H&M, I knew they needed to come with me :-)

For one, Gray is my favorite color and I don't own a leopard...well anything! Second, I don't own this length of skirt (midi or tea-length). Which I find to be elongating and elegant without being matronly. Form fitting to hold you in all the right places and made from a thick knit material, these will easily transition into Fall. A reason I like to frequent the same retailers (such as H&M, Forever21, Joe Fresh) is because their new clothes are designed to work with past collections, which saves money in the long run because you can mix and match, old and new pieces, and extend your wardrobe. So, although this skirt is new, I've had this t-shirt for over a year and they still play together nicely. I kept the accessories super simple to compliment the no-fuss vibe of the outfits. The clutch is actually a sunglasses case! Did I mention I also like re-purposing? LOL

"Find new ways to explore an old favorite."

Xoxo
Maya


Skirts (here), Sheer tank (old), T-shirt (similar here), Silver necklace and hoops (here) and Gold studs
: H&M, Gold link necklace and bracelet: Gifted, Various silver bracelets: Talbots and H&M, Shoes (Old), Clutch/Sunglasses Case: Jimmy Choo



No comments:

Post a Comment