Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A-Line of Coral and Canvas


I'm back from vacation and I've missed the blog! 

Do not adjust your computer and/or phone screens, I really am like four shades darker thanks to a week of fun in the sun :0) 
I'm infusing my vacation into this easy, breezy and bright summer look. I am loving the coral sorbet stripes against this neutral beige and the back is so gorgeous! Did I mention it has POCKETS!!! The dress has a vintage inspired shape but the light-weight canvas material and color palette make it modern. I wanted to keep my accessories modern as well, so I went with a stack of layered necklaces, spiked studs and my over-sized menswear inspired watch.


I love the beauty of just knowing what works on your body. To my fellow pear shaped girls out there the A-line is the most flattering shape...dresses like these are a no brainer for me. It cinches in at the waist (the smallest part of my body), floats away from my hips and falls just above the knee.  But really this silhouette will work on a myriad of body types.


For work today I simply paired this with a cardigan in the same neutral as the dress. My "Mary Jane" like pumps from Forever 21 echo the vintage theme (although I didn't venture into the office with these pair of sky highs lol). But enough rambling...on with the photo shoot!

Dress: Banana Republic, Pumps: Forever 21, Necklaces & Studs: H&M, Watch: Marc Jacobs, Bag: Aldo


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Love the skin you're in...whatever the shade." --Maya Gatewood 
Ciao for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment