Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Pretty Pastels

Skater Skirt: H&M; Cardigan: Forever21; Pumps: Anne Klein (thrifted); Handkerchief: Thrifted; Necklace & Bracelet: Thrifted 

Spring has sprung and I can't wait to dig out my Spring/Summer gems for the season :-) I decided to style this mint green (pics showing a little bluer) skater skirt that I recently purchased from H&M with a semi-sheer canary yellow cardigan and blush pumps. Believe it or not I've been seeing these colors in my mind for a while now. The combination may seem odd but it works because the colors are all pastels in the same tone (Someday I'll get around to writing that post on the difference between color's value and chroma). I am absolutely OBSESSED with mint green and I can't wait to incorporate more of this color into my wardrobe.

What I love about this outfit is that the skater skirt is so flattering on so many body types, I feel every woman should have a few of this easy staple piece. Heels instantly slim your legs and make you stand taller. The cardigan is very soft and semi-sheer for a light touch. How sweet is this blush handkerchief I found at a vintage shop (Second Time Around-Madison, NJ)?? The store owner told me the matching necklace and bracelet set are also from the 1920s and threw in the handkerchief for free! Oh how I LOVE a bargain! 8-D I feel so pretty and feminine in this outfit...like...a chocolate Easter egg haaaa and with Easter just a few weeks away I'm perfect. 

How do you plan to welcome Spring 2014?

"There is a subtle way to stand out. Take risks and play with your imagination."

Ciao for now!
Xoxo--Maya











No comments:

Post a Comment